Darra is an acclaimed speaker on topics related to food, art, and Russia. She also offers cooking demos that explore the cultural underpinnings of food.
Her 34 years of teaching at Williams make her equally at home in intimate classrooms and large auditoriums, and her broad grasp of food history means she can connect the dots between countries and cultures. Darra is a frequent speaker at companies and museums and on educational tours around the world, including trips to Iceland and South Africa.
To find out about Darra's upcoming events, follow her on Instagram.
Lecture topics include:
- Feed Your Head: Food as Material and Metaphor
- Looking at Cookbooks: Seven Centuries of Visual Feasts
- Tolstoy’s Table: Feasting and Fasting in Russian Culture
- The Progress of the Fork, from Diabolical to Divine
- Can Food Be a Force for Social Change?