Georgian Chicken With Herbs
Yield 6-8 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- One 3-pound chicken, cut into 10 pieces
- 4 medium onions, peeled and chopped
- 8 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- Generous ½ cup chopped mixed fresh herbs (parsley, cilantro, tarragon, basil, dill)
- 1/8 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground pepper
- Melt the butter in a large skillet and brown the chicken pieces on all sides. Stir in the chopped onions and cook for 10 minutes, continuing to stir occasionally.
- Add the prepared tomatoes and cook, covered, for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is done.
- Stir in the garlic, herbs, hot pepper, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook, covered, 5 minutes longer.
- Let stand 5 minutes, covered, before serving.
Recipe by Darra Goldstein at https://darragoldstein.com/chicken-with-herbs-chakhokhbili/